The Adult — or Community — Education program of South-Western City Schools has grown three-fold in recent years. The community continues to show great and growing interest in the programs offered.
If you have any questions, or would like to register for classes, please download the enrollment book with form and/or call John Bowen, Coordinator of Community Career-Technical Education at 801-3477.
General information about our programs:
- A certificate will be issued to each student who satisfactorily meets the specified course requirements.
- Confirmation of Registration:
- A confirmation card, along with directions to the SWCA, will be sent to you approximately one week before your class.
- You will be contacted if a class is cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
- Enrollment is open to any adult, 18 years of age and older.
- K-12 students are not eligible for Community Education programs/ courses.
- Prerequisite of high school diploma or GED highly recommended for all medical courses.
- It is the policy of SWCS that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, or marital status shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination.
- Non-residents will be admitted on a space-available basis.
- Tuition and any additional fees are to be included with the registration form and are due on or before the postmark date.
- Textbooks, supplies, materials, and lab kits are additional fees and are not included in the tuition fee. Registration is limited to the first 25 paid registrants.
- Members of the SWCS Top 55 Club receive a 10% discount on tuition only.
- Persons who are not SWCS residents pay an additional $10 registration fee.
- All returned checks will be assessed a $25 returned check charge.
- In order to receive a refund, a completed withdrawal form must be presented in person, before the second class, at the Community Education Office.
- A $10 fee will be deducted from the registration fee to cover processing expenses.
- Textbooks, supplies, materials, and lab kits are not refundable.
- Please allow four weeks for a refund check from the South- Western City Schools Treasurer’s Office.